Time: 11:45AM - 1:00 PM Meeting location: Library
Meeting Chair: Katherine Bitzer Recording Secretary: Barb Hill
Attendeed- Board: Chair, Katherine Bitzer, Ginger Comission, John Fraser, Lynne Green, Barbara Hill, Jane Maass, Lynn Oliver, Peter Oliver, Rev. Katharine Edmonstone
Emergency Board meeting was called by Chair Katherine who briefly summarized events of the past ten days:
June 15 Steering committee presented four options and we were encouraged to separate property decisions from working to develop our mission and purpose. Building development need to be driven by mission. Carla from EDGE was invited to attend June 15 mtg. but did not. The Steering committee set expectations that we could take a week or two to agree on one of four (4) options presented.
At the June 20th Board meeting there was rigorous discussion about what was right for the future of the congregation and consensus that we needed to focus wholly on renewal, purpose and mission.
The Board went In-Camera for discussion on the Offer to Purchase.
In-Camera discussion concluded at 12:45pm
There was consensus that we need to stay focused on congregational renewal EDGE can play a role in this process. We would still like to meet with them in early July for this purpose
Next Steps (ACTION ITEMS)
- Barb to email motion to Graham and copy Board
- Katherine will contact EDGE (Rob Dalgliesh) to inform him of the outcome of today’s meeting
Once Colliers accepts the final offer:
- Board Chair Katherine will inform Trinity staff that a vote is going to the congregation on July 9 (subsequently deferred to July 16)
- Jane will communicate with The Board of Trustees
- Katherine B (Chair) will inform Presbytery (Paul Miller and Catherine Savage)
- Lynn O will draft a script for communication with congregants and will connect with Dorothy to confirm accuracy of our membership list(s) to be used for phone calls to members. (Adherents cannot vote and proxys are not permitted)
- Ginger will contact Rev Fickling at St James Rosemount: a Congregational Meeting will be posted in the Bulletin and announced from the pulpit. In the absence of Rev. Tiina, Rev Chris Fickling at SJR will be asked to attend and also host the meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 1:00 PM