Reported by Lynn Oliver, Board Member
Good morning for those of you who I have not had the privilege of getting to know my name is Lynn Oliver and I am a member of your current church board.
1. New Board Structure: On Sunday June 10, the Congregation approved an exciting new governance model – the core structure of which is a 12 person “Vision and Coordination” Board. People were invited (at the Congregational Meeting, and through Friday e-blasts) to put their names forward to form a Nominating Committee for this new Board. As no names came forward to take on this role, the Board is now working to gather names and expressions of interest for the various positions. So, this is a direct ask for you to let any current Board member know if you are interested in any of the positions. Particularly the Mission Coordinator positions, which are:
1. Faith Formation Coordinator
2. Fellowship & Caring Coordinator
3. Finance & Facilities Coordinator
4. Social Justice Coordinator
5. Worship & Music Coordinator.
Are you passionate to continue the great history that Trinity has?
Do any of these areas of ministry speak to you?
We are looking for people to help hold and advance our overall vision around a common Board table. If this tickles your fancy you may speak to a board member or email the church office to let us know your interest.
2. DOORS OPEN: DOORS OPEN is happening on Saturday Sept 15th this year. As many of you know, this is an even that invites the public in to tour privately-owned historic and culturally significant sites throughout Waterloo Region. 74 Frederick was as proud host site in 2016 as we celebrated our 175th Anniversary. This year, St. Matthews is inviting us to participate with them as they open up the doors of this building on Sept. 15th. Trinity will be hosting the chapel and courtyard spaces. What we need at this point is someone to take on the co-ordinator role. Essentially,
1. to be the contact person*, and attend planning meetings as needed, as we co-ordinate with St. Matthews
2. to ensure the spaces and volunteers are ready for Sat. Sept 15.
3. Bill’s Year End Report: has been circulated via e-mail to the leadership groups and is available for anyone who would like to read it. Copies available through the church office or from the table at the front.
**Update note: - Lori-Ann L. has kindly volunteered to be the Doors Open Coordinator.